Tuesday, July 4, 2017

You are you, and I am I

Two together
 flying side by side
 at times one leading one following 
 coasting on a breeze 
16 years years together
15 years married
& this still is the most important thing to me. 


                                                    I do my thing and you do your thing.
                                      I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
                                            And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
                                                            You are you, and I am I,
                                         and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
                                                            If not, it can't be helped.
                                          (Fritz Perls, "Gestalt Therapy Verbatim", 1969)

No comments: