Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Shtf and we survived

Life lessons when you survive shtf and are able to laugh about it ...

So you survive 3 weeks camping alone no other adults just you, 4 kids and a dog.
Switching camping sites, lightening, thunder, pelting rain and blow you over wind Survived it all....

July 4th rolls around it is our last night of our camping trip tomorrow we are due to pack up and head out. The day was great we have a real American woohoo small town USA 4th of July parade, bbq a great day on the lake after getting back to our campsite a storm hit we decided to hang out in the car and wait out the bad weather. Being a do-er watching the storm tear apart our tent  I decided to get out and try to save it from the storm huge mistake!!
So I get out of the car walk towards the tent and boom one minute walking next thing I know I am laying on the ground wondering how I ended up there, rain is pelting me, lightening flashing through the sky, the ground beneath me vibrating from the booming thunder...As I lay there I can see the flickering flames from the neighboring campsite, I can hear the laughter of the people hiding from the storm in their tents I consider yelling out for help but I hesitate since I never ask for help...I lay there thinking I am going to die here in the mud, on the ground lightening is going to strike me wait how did I end up laying here on the ground broken? I don't know I never will know for sure.

I lay there fear rushing through my body panic rising what about the girls it's dark, storming, camping in the middle of no where, my husband across the ocean on deployment what will happen to my girls? No I can't lay here I have to get up what would Morgan Carter do? he would say get you can't lay here and die get your ass up and survive ....

My daughter comes running up "Mom why are you laying on the ground?"  My reply "I can't find my leg" another daughter runs up hearing me say I can't find my leg she turns and runs back to the car to get her medical bag my first thought she is going to amputate my leg since she wants to do surgery on people and she has seen The Walking Dead poor Hershal...No Belle stay in the car!!! God help me this kid doesn't chop my leg off!! My oldest helps by finding my leg for me first she unbends it at the knee then rotates it around popping, breaking, snapping so many different noises to accompanying each different pain I am too young to break my hip right?...some how she managed to get me up and into the car as I try to shift I realize something is wrong with it why is my wrist bent like that? switching arms I shift and manage to drive to the camp hosts house 911 911 I think I broke my leg maybe my arm as well...

Off to the hospital I go thanks to new found friends who are life savers taking me to the hospital, watching the girls for me so I had no worries that night... The diagnosis broken & I said that as soon as I could make it to the bathroom by myself I was going to go home so after a week on Grace's couch I was able to make it the bathroom myself, a shower to wash the caked mud off of me, wash my hair and started off on a new adventure getting my broken ass home..... I am pretty proud of myself and my girls we survived and thrived


No comments: